Group Composition and Topic

Home Forums Group Assignments Group Composition and Topic

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  shawnday 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

shawnday
    Keymaster

A Place for each group to list members of the group and the chosen topic.

barrym
    Participant

Shawn,

The following members comprise Team One
    Barry McDonnell
    David Watson
    Emmet Dowling
    Kevin Burns

Regards,
    Barry

Hi Shawn,

This is the group for “Social Space” group assignment:
    Barbara Pudlowska Pires
    Joseph Holland
    Connor Walsh
    Daire Lynch

MainardGallagher
    Participant

Hi Shawn,

Our team will do the assignment on “Co-creating Culture and Peer Media Creation”

Steve Moffatt
    Leidy Romero Cruz
    Mainard Gallagher

barrym
    Participant

Shawn,

Team One (members listed above) would like to do our topic on Location Based Services.

Regards,
    Barry

davyspain
    Participant

Hi Shawn we’d like to do ‘File Sharing in the Cloud’
    Group members are David Spain
    Gary Crowe
    Rob Hurson
    Yvonne Healy

Thanks,

David

TonyDevine
    Participant

Hi Shawn,

Our group would like to attempt ‘Social Media Activism’

Stephanie Terry
    Elaine ‘Maud’ Oconnor
    Elaine Denehan
    Anthony Devine

Cathriona Dempsey
    Participant

Hi Shawn,

Our group will do the assignment on Social Tagging and Realtime Engagement and Spontaneous Communities of Interest.

Deborah Marino
    Gavin Duffy
    Thomas Kiely
    Olivia Waters
    Emma Moffatt
    Cathriona Dempsey

TonyDevine
    Participant

Hi Shawn,

Our group would has added another contributor. We are attempting ‘Social Media Activism’

John Donohoe
    Stephanie Terry
    Elaine ‘Maud’ Oconnor
    Elaine Denehan
    Anthony Devine

Martin O’Donnell
    Participant

Hi Shawn,

Our group will do the assignment “Wiki’s and Knowledge Repositories”.

Martin O’Donnell
    Robert Stanley
    John Lohan

shawnday
    Keymaster

I have been following the progress on the wiki as the collaborations have developed.
    I was asked, quite rightly, to clarify further what direction I am hoping to see the assignment take.
    Here is a little more discussion on each of the main sections:

Executive Summary;

This part is as I expect fairly self-evident. What I am looking to see is only a couple sentences at most that summarise the 6 subsequent sections. Identify what you are discussing, who might be involved in the space and where you see it going. Save the discussion surrounding the reflection for that section alone.

Definition of the Issue/Topic and Associated Terms;

Why is the space/sector/service important to discuss? What’s going on in this world. What direction is it going?

Main streams of thought in the area Companies or Technologies Active in the Area and an exploration of their product/service

When I refer to main streams of thought this is a reflection on the shape of the space in general. IS it growing, are there new entrants? Are old entrants fading away or loosing marketshare? Are new technologies changing the landscape in this area? Is there an emerging controversy? Are we learning more about the impact of this area on society more broadly that is shaping the future?

The competitive landscape

What companies/service providers are most active in this space? Why are they successful/dominant? What could change this and are there signs that you might identify (technological/social/political) that could change the existing order?

How this Issue/Topic ties into module discussion topics;

Are there issues that have arisen in the forum discussions, the responses to blog postings or on twitter that are relevant to this discussion?

Individual issues as provided for each topic.

If there are issues raised in the particular topic discussion on this blog that I ask – please address them, otherwise feel free to be creative here – creative confidence 😉

A reflection on the experience of working on a document collaboratively.

Finally, I would like you to think about the challenges, strengths, advantages, disadvantages of working on an organic document in a wiki as a group.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.